Tuesday, 15 AUG 2017

Meeting of the Board of Directors and Committee Chairs

Date: 2017-08-15

Location: Via conference bridge

Start Time: 17:03 UTC

Present:

  • Matt Griswold, Director, Chair

  • Eli Scher, Director, Vice-Chair

  • Dave Temkin, Director, Treasurer

  • Rob DeVita, Director

  • Aiste Buinauskaite, Executive Director (minute taker)

  • Carla Sanderson, Co-Chair Marketing Committee

  • Richard Wolfram, Open-IX legal counsel

  • Jim Grady, Vice-Chair Data Center Committee

  • Eric Ballard, Vice-Chair IX Group Committee

 

Absent:

  • Vinay Nagpal, Director (apology received)

  • Aaron Hughes, Director (apology received)

  • Chris Phillips, Chair IX Group Committee (apology received)

  • Sagi Brody, Chair Data Center Committee (apology received)

  • Chris Grundemann, Chair BCOP Committee (apology received)

  • Mona Weisberg, Co-Chair Marketing Committee (apology received)

 

Minutes of the meeting:

  1. The Chair called the meeting to order at 17:03 UTC

  2. Adoption of Meeting Minutes 2017-08-01

It was moved by Eli Scher, and seconded by Rob DeVita, that:

“The Open-IX Board adopts the August 1st, 2017 Meeting Minutes, as written.”

The motion carried with no objections.

  1. Committee Updates (led by the Chair)

    1. Data Center (led by Jim Grady)

      1. Jim updated that HIPAA Crosswalk compliance is done, and that the team is still finalizing the language and will be ready for board approval hopefully by next meeting.

      2. Pipeline review

    2. IX (led by the Eric Ballard)

      1. Eric stated that there are no updates currently, but the team have scheduled a few meetings a week from now and hopefully will have some updates moving forward.

      2. Matt stated that he is working with Chris Phillips to get Jira integrated, and that it should help both the Data Center and IX certifications working through the standard work flow.

    3. Marketing (led by Carla Sanderson)

      1. Carla stated that the OIX 1 &b2 PR templates are finished.

      2. Carla stated that a current item the team is working on is business cards. She asked if anyone from the board needs business cards to let her know. She also said that it would be good to add a tag line on the back of the cards, and that she will send out an email asking for input.

      3. Carla stated that the team received some pricing back from ITW; however they do have some questions for us. Carla said she should have another update at the next board meeting.  

      4. Rob Devita asked if Open IX should be planning the annual general meeting.

      5. Carla answered that it is a good idea to start planning it soon as it has to be 60 days prior to December 31st, so that we do not run out of time. Carla will put this on marketing’s list to do. She asked if one of the board members could clarify the bylaws regarding this, and Matt asked Eli if he could. Eli agreed he will clarify. Robert stated that he still has the information from the meeting that took place last year at NANOG in New York. He said he will locate this information and share it with Carla to give an idea of what the costs were.

    4. Standards (led by Chris Grundemann)

      1. No current update.

  2. Open action items (led by the Chair)

    1. Eli spoke up about ANSI email to members for feedback. Eli stated that he wanted to get this out and that Richard has put together valuable information already. Next step is for Aaron Hughes to prepare an email to go out to members. Eli reminded that getting certified with ANSI might be a long process, so better to get moving with it right away. Aiste suggested she will follow up with Hughes today.

    2. Eli stated that this is also newsworthy alongside with DDP PR, and any other new updates. Eli stated that we need to make sure there is a news flow to stay relevant and competitive.

    3. Eli stated that he found the memo Richard prepared easily digestible. Richard then asked if everyone understood the information about ANSI; no one spoke up. Richard agreed that waiting around is counterproductive and suggested we get this out for member comments as soon as we can. Matt agreed.

  3. Any other business. (led by the Chair)

    1. No any other business.

  4. Meeting adjourned at 17:16 UTC