Monday, 22 FEB 2016
Attendees: Will Charnock (Chairman), Christian Koch (Vice Chairman), Gabe Cole (Executive Director/Secretary), Chris Malayter (Director), Vinay Nagpal (Director), Richard Wolfram (Attorney), Joseph Perez (Membership)
Not present: Greg Hankins (Treasurer), Josh Snowhorn (Director), Dave Temkin (Director), Hank Steenman (IXP), Eli Scher (DC)
Commenced 11:04 AM EST
Motion to Approve Previous Meeting Minutes: Approved
1. Executive Director Update
- Discussed events for speaking and presentation – de-emphasize data center vendor events in favor of network and data center owner events; consider NANOG, but PC may not want a data center track.
- Reviewed AMS system progress.
- Updated initial AIS assumptions – will send out an email with initial findings prior to the next MTG.
2. Chairman Update
3. Treasurer Update (via email)
- QBO setup complete; integrated with BofA, PayPay, manually created invoices; generated balance sheet and P&L with A/R for January; purchased annual subscription; received accountant estimate for quarterly review.
- Updated draft finance policy, will send to membership for comment ASAP with quarterly reporting proposal.
- Large A/R backlog, will help with Gabe as needed on outstanding invoices.
- Random small housekeeping tasks still to be done, work with Chris next week to update BofA signature cards.
4. Old Business
- Finance Policy – hold until Greg returns.
- Bylaw Modifications – discuss at board working session.
- AIS/AGM – see note under ED update.
- Board Member CA – not discussed.
- Board Offsite – To be confirmed tomorrow, including location, let Christian know travel arrangements so he can arrange a board dinner before or after.
- Board Liaisons to Committees – Need non-officers to volunteer, Will to follow-up.
5. Committee Reports
- IXP Committee
- No representative, but Will has asked Henk to speed selection of new chairman.
- DC Committee
- Eli re-elected chair.
- Internap in final review, awaiting response on some questions, hopefully out to public comment next week.
- Marketing Committee
- Two candidates for chair, Vinay will move the process along.
- Once chair in place will re-evaluate jfg and IMPR relationships.
- Discussed reducing or eliminating IMPR retainer.
- Membership Committee
- Joe re-elected chair.
- Chris Phillips and Eric Olsen have volunteered to help with AMS adoption.
- General Committee Updates
6. New Business
- iMPR Retainer Terminatio
- Consensus to transition to a fee for service model and eliminate the retainer.
- Refocus PR efforts on fewer and more detailed press releases and tweets written internally
- Slack & Organizational Communication
- Implemented for board.
- Committee chairs should contact Christian to get members on board.
Adjourned at 11:59 AM EST.