Monday, 24 NOV 2014
Board: Martin Hannigan, Barry Tishgart, Donald Clarke, Keith Mitchell, Dave Temkin, Dan Golding
New Board: Josh Snowhorn, Chris Malayter, Christian Koch, Will Charnock, Richard Wolfram, Gabe Cole, Vinay Nagpal
Commenced 11:00PM ET
1. Elections of 2015 Board:
- Chair: Dave Temkin
- Vice Chair: Will Charnock (replacing Dan Golding)
- Treasurer: Chris Malayter (replacing Marty Hannigan)
- Secretary: Christian Koch (replacing Barry Tishgart)
2. General Discussion
- Removing “MSA” from the standard in favor of “geographic service region” – APPROVED
- “IXP application fee is $5,000 per market in which Applicant has an IXP to be certified. Geographic Service Region is defined as reasonably associated with a metropolitan or general service area. Each service area should have a separate application, but, in coordination with Open IX, payment by a single wire may be sent combining fees for all applications. Example: If you are applying for Certification for IXPs in the Washington, DC, London and Johannesburg areas the application fee would be $5,000 * 3 = $15,000.00”
- 2015 Budgeted submitted for review – New board, please review the budget email from Marty, ask and resolve any questions.
- 2015 Budget will be approved w/any revisions at the next board meeting.
- New members approved
5. GPF update
- GPF now open to broader community attendance
- Josh to chair program committee
- Website enhancements, improved event process
7. Discussion on speaking with industry and equity analysts.
- Discussion on speaking with industry and equity analysts. Board agrees that this is strictly prohibited.
- If there is a case where such a discussion may make sense, a proposal should be made to the Board and voted upon.
- It is suggested that at least two board members be present for that conversation
Next board meeting (and likely the last in 2014) is 12/8/14 at 11:00ET.