Tuesday, 31 MAY 2016
Attendees: Will Charnock (Chairman), Christian Koch (Vice Chairman), Greg Hankins (Treasurer), Gabe Cole (Executive Director/Secretary), Vinay Nagpal (Director), Josh Snowhorn (Director), Dave Temkin (Director), Matt Griswold (IXP), Joseph Perez (Membership), Eli Sher (DC), Rob DeVita (Marketing)
Not present: Chris Malayter (Director)
Motion to Approve Previous Meeting Minutes: Approved
Commenced 11:06 AM EDT
1. Executive Director Update
- SilkStart – On track for June 15, working through a few items around complaint resolution, formating, CMS, should have a fairly complete working draft by the end of the week, need final Paypal or other account to set up
- Sales/collections – Digital and QTS are still open so it would be good if someone could touch base at NANOG
- IMN – Where do we stand, GGC not attending
- Hosting.con, New Orleans – who will attend, GGC not attending
- OIS Time, Program Committee – Recommend moving AGM to Tuesday morning, contracts with hotel and venues executed and now at 80% penalty so we are fully committed
2. Chairman Update
- He has been speaking to Richard about an arrangement to use on an as needed basis, but have not heard back from him yet, Will prefers to formalize the relationship moving forward.
- Will work on changes to Bylaws.
- Need to discuss how we want to move forward with ED search as Gabe will be leaving by the end of the year, and we discussed in San Diego starting the search in June.
- In person meeting at NANOG – Keep same time slot as meeting.
3. Treasurer Update
- No items to review, accountant is still working on 2015 taxes
4. Old Business
- Bylaw Modifications – need to send out
- Trademark action – Madrid filing $4,500 + $2,000 to finish
- Members Social ?
5. Committee Reports
- IXP Committee
- Reviewed proposed modifications to fee and standard. Asked committee to provide a comparison to the existing standard and will review at next meeting at NANOG.
- DC Committee
- Reviewing GPX Global India and EdgeConneX Portland – both have been sent back to applicants with questions
- Reviewed proposed changes and public comments, board approved change of FICS to FRAND standard only, asked subcommittee go back and look at whether N standard could be incorporated into base standard. Will work on messaging with Rob to incorporate into standard. GGC will go back to DLR and others that have objected to FICS and inform them of the change.
- Marketing Committee
- Concerned about appetite of potential sponsors, pinged a couple sponsors, and are still waiting for response from some, initial responses were that (1) it was great, and (2) too heavily populated by salespeople – Rob did an attendee profile, but is going to followup on levels of people that came.
- Rob will reach out to Illissa and get a second opinion on fees.
- Consider rebalancing with smaller top categories to hit budget of $250,000.
- Membership Committee
- Had a pep talk last week, researching corporate membership structure and will have
recommendation before next meeting.
- Multiyear memberships will be available under SilkStart
- Should be available mid to late June
- General Committee Updates
6. New Business
Adjourned at 11:59 AM EDT.