Monday, 4 JUN 2014
Attendees: Barry Tishgart, Martin Hannigan, Donald Clarke, Keith Mitchell, Dave Temkin, Dan Golding; Gabe Cole, Hank Steenman, Richard Wolfram
- May 29 budget revision and reallocation approved by Board
- Current cash on hand of $114,000; Expense run rate of $2k per month before marketing investment
- Objectives: Better communicate what OIX means. Drive the value of the brand on behalf of members. Invest more in building value in the brand for benefit of members.
- Tactics: Collateral, Speaking Engagements, Case Studies, Web site improvement
- Board approves investment in Marketing/PR per the new budget. Barry and Marty to work with IMPR to revise their proposal and focus them on efforts to achieve objectives
- Vantage Data Centers in Santa Clara, CA has met the requirements BOARD APPROVES
- Edgeconnex Houston facility has met the requirements BOARD APPROVES
- Sentinel will be ready for certification in a few weeks.
Topics from Member meeting for board discussion
- Increase focus on interconnection and certification of IXPs
- Investigate allowing certain community and smaller IXs to meet the standards. Discussing creating additional standards.
- Will continue to seek feedback from members
New board members
- Discussion of filling the volunteer board spot vacated by Paul Anderson. Several candidates have expressed interest.
- Targeting no later than September 3
- Annual general meeting, targeting August in NYC