Tuesday, 9 FEB 2016
Attendees: Will Charnock (Chairman), Christian Koch (Vice Chairman), Greg Hankins (Treasurer), Chris Malayter (Director), Gabe Cole (Executive Director/Secretary), Vinay Nagpal (Marketing/Director – via phone), Josh Snowhorn (Director), Dave Temkin (Director), Hank Steenman (IXP), Eli Scher (DC), Joseph Perez (Membership)
Not present: Richard Wolfram (Attorney)
Motion to Approve Previous Meeting Minutes: Approved
Commenced 11:09 AM PST
1. Executive Director Update
- Requested permission to retain Laredo and Smith for a health check on corporate/nonprofit filings. Request granted.
2. Chairman Update
- Annual committee review and reappointments: based on expressions of interest from new volunteers prior to the meeting, and then a subsequent request for interest from existing volunteers, the board voted to reform the committees. Existing chairs were asked to call a meeting as soon as possible and elect (or reelect) a chair from the members.
3. Treasurer Update
- October, November, December financials approved for posting.
- 2015 Compilation report approved for posting.
- Accountant will work on taxes when forms are available.
- Insurance renewal will stay the same.
- Discussed potential revisions to finance policy.
4. Old Business
- AIS: Christian and Gabe reviewed date options. After discussion, board asked Gabe to explore options for a combined AIS/AGM to be held the week of November 14, tentatively in Phoenix.
5. Committee Reports
- IXP Committee
- Brief discussion of direction for new standards. Consensus was that committee should review potential ones and try to build a dialog with membership.
- DC Committee
- Webair certified for OIX-2.
- Once new committee is seated will embark on a process similar to IXP.
- Marketing Committee
- Currently undertaking a detailed review of iMPR and JFG services. Will discuss at a future board meeting.
- Membership Committee
- New member approved: Paul Greshko.
- Desperately need membership management solution. Gabe has been reviewing and will start to send updates/demo info to board list.
- General Committee Updates
6. New Business
- Discussion of whether board members should be required to sign confidentiality agreements – no action.
Discussion of whether to consider board member as liaisons to committees – no action.
- Board offsite tentatively scheduled for week of 3/14.
Adjourned at 12:53 PM PST.