The Marketing Committee is tasked with promoting Open-IX Association in the community and working closely with Open-IX certified Data Centers and Internet Exchange Points to drive membership to the certified exchanges.
Secondly, the Marketing Committee is tasked to ensure that Open-IX Association is represented adequately and accurately at the relevant industry events both for speaking engagements and for having a presence to create awareness about Open-IX globally.
Finally, the Marketing Committee will act as a liaison for the Open-IX Board, in management of the PR agency, the Open-IX Association website, and all external messaging, including creation of marketing collateral.
To contact Marketing Committee, please email us at: email@example.com
All of Open-IX Committees are comprised of volunteer representatives from the Global Internet community, who are coming together to create a better, safer, stronger, fairer Internet.
The expected weekly time commitment for task completion is one to two (1-2) hours per week.
It is asked that volunteers for this committee commit to a one-year term.
Carla Sanderson, Co-Chair
Mona Weisberg, Co-Chair
OIX Marketing Committee Charter
There following are core objectives the committee would like to achieve.
1. Outreach & Event Strategy
Identify industry events to have a presence, wrap social media and outreach around these events. Insure that we have proper coverage from Open-IX to cover the events.
Meet current individual members, certified exchanges and data centers to update and engage on Open-IX.
Meet with prospective individual members, exchanges and data centers to discuss the benefits of Open-IX with the objective of increasing membership numbers and certifying more exchanges and facilities.
Engage with peering and data center communities across markets to establish global brand awareness: the Americas, Europe Middle East Africa (EMEA), Asia Pacific (APAC).
2. Social Media Strategy
Overhaul the OIX brand image within Social Channels. Compose a strategy that targets industry professionals, service providers, certified entities, and end users, and ramp up engagement.
- Increase Brand Awareness
- Increase public awareness and positive image of the Open-IX Brand.
- Increase the number of certifications
- Generate leads for OIX1 & OIX2 Certifications
- Increase individual membership
- Drive new membership through outreach, incentives, and new benefits.
- Engage the community
- Engage in meaningful discussions with the community through social channels
3. Member Benefits Strategy
Identify events to give back to members- social and or education sessions throughout the year.
- Identify Social Events in locations where we have the most Open-IX certified entities or large amount of individual members, these should be stand-alone events not piggybacked on other industry events to increase Open-IX identity in each region
- To ensure that we retain membership and that the entities and individual members are feeling value from the Organization: identity with Industry standards; thought leadership; center for knowledge and repository for RFPs/white papers, etc.
Download a PDF