Open-IX membership is available to anyone with an interest in Internet Exchange Points and Data Center interconnect and infrastructure, interconnect engineering, or research, who wishes to participate in shaping the operations, engineering and future of interconnecting and the Internet.
Benefits of Membership Include:
- Better understand interconnection products and services, versus non-OIX aligned providers
- Be the first to learn about changing interconnection market directions, services and trends
- Help define standards matched to certification programs that improve the cost, efficiency and performance of massive-scale interconnection
- Network with others in an informal, non-competitive environment – the best of the best participate in Open-IX forums and meetings
- Access member-only Open-IX forums for idea and expertise-sharing
- Run for positions on the Open-IX Board of Directors
- Vote in elections for bylaws changes and other referendums that set the direction of Internet infrastructure and massive-scale interconnection
Anyone may become a member of Open-IX by completing an application and payment of dues. The term of a membership (12 months) shall begin immediately upon receipt of the member’s application and payment of dues.